CHICAGO, March 21, 2019 – True Value Company, one of the world’s leading hardlines wholesalers, recently honored 13 of its retailers with its prestigious ‘Best Hardware Store In Town’ award.
The winning retailers, selected from more than 4,500 stores, were recognized at an awards ceremony during the company’s Spring Reunion buying show in Dallas, Texas.
“Our vision is to help every independent retailer be the best hardware store in town and the 13 honorees have certainly achieved that by providing their customers the best service and shopping experiences possible,” said John Hartmann, President and CEO of True Value Company. “They are building relationships that go beyond just selling products— they are partners and supporters of their communities. Congratulations to all of the winners for their commitment to excellence.”
Since 2007, True Value Company has honored one retailer from each of its 13 retail regions around the world as a winner of its Best Hardware Store in Town recognition program.
To be recognized for the award, the stores undergo a series of selection processes and regional directors narrow down the top candidates. Mystery shoppers visit each selected store to gain a customer's perspective on the operations. True Value then evaluates each finalist based on physical store appearance, product selection, competitive pricing, promotional sales and customer service. Ultimately, the stores that provide customers with an experience worthy of the True Value brand receive the annual title.
True Value’s 2018 Best Hardware Store In Town winners are:
- Akard True Value Hardware – Zionsville, Indiana
- Caldwell True Value – Caldwell, Idaho
- Cornell's True Value – Eastchester, New York
- Dr. Ike’s True Value Home Center – Laredo, Texas
- Fruita True Value – Fruita, Colorado
- K&B True Value – Annapolis, Maryland
- Marv's True Value – Princeton, Minnesota
- Moore's True Value Hardware – Loxahatchee, Florida
- Palm Springs True Value Hardware – Palm Springs, California
- Soli Home Center True Value – Fajardo, Puerto Rico
- Triangle Building Supplies – Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- True Value Hardware Missouri Flat Road – Placerville, California
- Waters True Value – Wamego, Kansas
About True Value Company
True Value Company, headquartered in Chicago, is one of the world's leading hardlines wholesalers with a globally recognized brand and over 70 years of experience serving independent hardware retailers. True Value Company provides its customers in over 60 countries an expansive product set with market-customized assortments at highly competitive prices, superior product availability, innovative marketing programs and a la carte value-added services like eCommerce ship-to-store, store remodel support and True Value University, all within a flexible model that requires no membership. With 13 regional distribution centers, and approximately 2,500 associates serving over 4,500 stores, True Value Company celebrates independence and drives retail excellence across the U.S. and internationally. Learn more at TrueValueCompany.com.
Manager, Media Relations