Reach High to Help Youth Reach Their Full Potential
True Value Foundation has created Youth Up Matching Gifts to expand its reach to help children and youth achieve their full potential. True Value is a hardlines wholesaler serving more than 4,400 retailers. When a True Value Company retailer gives back to a youth-development focused non-profit organization in your community, True Value Foundation matches the contribution dollar for dollar to qualifying organizations, up to $1,000 annually.
The foundation will use the following criteria in matching funds:
- Clarity of organizational mission and impact on youth development
- Description of program, project or service and specific benefits to youth development and achievement
- Children and youth served range from age six to 18
- Organization is a 501(c)(3), not-for-profit organization
- See examples of eligible and ineligible organizations
How it Works
Once organizations have received a monetary donation from a True Value retailer, they may apply for a matching gift using our online application portal. Please note the application must include all of these items, or it will not be accepted.
- Organization’s IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter
- Organization’s W-9 tax form
- Proof of gift from True Value retailer (receipt, copy of check, etc.)
- True Value retailer information (retailer legal name, store name, store number)
The application must be completed by the receiving charitable organization no later than three months after the date of the gift by the retailer in order to be eligible for the matching gift. Matching gift requests will be reviewed and processed on a quarterly basis. If your organization receives a matching gift, both the organization and the corresponding True Value retailer will be notified.
Nonprofits organizations: Prior to submitting a request, have your True Value retailer complete this form.