Painting a Brighter Future Grant
Together, We Make a Difference
Whether it’s a school, Boys & Girls Club or other youth-development focused nonprofit in need, something as simple as a new coat of paint can energize a dreary space and motivate youth. Research confirms that new paint and the cleanliness of walls can have an impact on youth attitudes and academic performance.
That's why, in partnership with True Value retailers, True Value Foundation provides 20-gallon paint grants through the Painting a Brighter Future program. Over 1,800 schools and youth-focused nonprofits across the country have been awarded paint since the program’s inception in 2009, covering over 21 million square feet of learning space.
Paint Grants for 2021
True Value retailers may submit applications for deserving schools, Boys & Girls Clubs or other youth-development focused nonprofits that have a need for paint. Retailers submit the application on your behalf.
- The grant application is open to retailers from January 1-March 31, 2021.
- Grants are for 20 gallons of EasyCare Ultra-premium interior and/or exterior paint, in any color. Please visit your local True Value retailer to view available colors. The grant also includes up to $50 of True Value paint accessories.
- Grant recipients must submit photos and testimonials of their painting project via this online form by October 1, 2021.
View the 2021 grant recipients here.
- Jan. 1–March 31, 2021: Applications open to retailers
- April 2021: Winners announced via email
- April–August: Paint delivery and pickups
- August 31, 2021: Deadline for retailers’ in-store photo with grant winner
- October 1, 2021: Deadline for grant recipients’ photos & testimonials (submit here)
Our Asthma & Allergy Friendly Certified Paint
The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA) and Allergy Standards Limited (ASL) has announced that EasyCare Ultra Premium Acrylic Latex* paint by True Value has earned the asthma & allergy friendly® Certification Mark. The asthma & allergy friendly® Certification Program, an independent program established in the United States by AAFA with their partner ASL, helps consumers identify products more suitable for people with asthma and allergies. The program performs physical and chemical testing on products to ensure they minimize irritants and pollutants in the air and reduce potential exposure to allergens. Strong fumes and odors from paint can irritate the eyes, skin and airways. This is largely due to potentially harmful chemicals, or volatile organic compounds (VOCs), commonly found in many paints. VOCs are chemicals released into the air as paint dries. VOCs can irritate sensitive airways, causing asthma symptoms. The asthma & allergy friendly® Certification Mark is awarded only to products that are scientifically proven to reduce potential exposure to asthma and allergy triggers. To learn more, click here.
*Ultra Premium interior paint in flat, eggshell and satin sheens, and all colorants
Back to the foundation page