Put a fresh face on your community's school
For a school in need, even something as simple as a new coat of paint can energize a dreary classroom, inspire teachers and motivate students. Research confirms that new paint and the cleanliness of school walls can have an impact on student attitudes and academic performance.
That's why, in partnership with True Value retailers, True Value Foundation provides grants of up to 40 gallons of paint through the Painting a Brighter Future program to more than 100 schools each year. Since 2009, we've covered millions of square feet of classrooms with a fresh coat of assistance and revitalized learning environments.
- More than 14 million American children attend deteriorating schools
- About 30% of rural, 38% of urban and 29% of suburban schools have at least one building requiring extensive repair
Applications for the 2017 program are now available
Application Deadline is December 16, 2016
Apply now ►
- Your school must be a public, private or parochial school in a community served by a True Value Company retail identity (True Value, Grand Rental Station, Taylor Rental, Just Ask Rental, Home & Garden Showplace, Party Central and Induserve Supply)
- Your school must serve children in any grade between kindergarten and grade 12
- Your school must need 40 gallons or less of paint, in one of the colors offered through the program. Review available colors in the Color Selection Guide.
Applications meeting the initial criteria will be reviewed in depth and evaluated using additional criteria:
- Does the school serve a low-income population or operate in an underserved community?
- What is the condition of the school building and how long has it been since the proposed area of the school has been painted?
- Has the school identified other resources that, when added to a paint grant, will multiply the impact of a paint grant overall?
- Do included "before" photos adequately indicate the real need for paint?
If your school receives a grant, both the school and sponsoring True Value retailer will be notified. The local True Value store will deliver the paint to the school.
“Your paint grant was a boost to maintain and enhance our school. It brought a lot of joy and excitement, and culminated in some amazing time spent as a community painting classrooms.”
- Jonathan Moody, Principal, Messalonskee High School in Oakland, Maine
Back to the foundation page